Our highly experienced team have a great understanding of contact and residence matters
We can also assist families who have never resided together but still require help to draw up a sensible care schedule.
When you are trying to decide where your youngsters will stay and when, there are a number of important issues to consider. We will help you think about what is most convenient for your children, their day-to-day routine and how that can be adapted smoothly to encompass the new situation. A key focus will be on how any agreement can adapt and grow with your children.
Contact and Residence Matters | What we do
Communication between parents can often be an issue. We aim to help you with this through our own communication with your ex-partner. We will also look to use other mediums such as mediation.
We will help you agree what’s right for your children when you separate:
- Which parent the child/children should live with
- When and how much time kids spend with the parent they don’t live with
- Changing a child’s name or school, any religious or medical treatment issues
We will help you set out a contact and residence order for:
- Where a child lives either with a parent or a non-parent.
- A child to spend time with or otherwise have contact with a person they don’t live with. This is often the non-resident parent.
We are here to take control of this process and work with you to achieve the best end result for you and your children. In many cases court proceedings are a last resort but in some they are necessary.