Our highly experienced team has a great understanding around planning needs
Our planning team represents homeowners, landowners, developers and local authorities on planning law, policy and procedures. We have advised on many major commercial, residential and infrastructure projects.
We deal with planning applications, planning obligations and infrastructure agreements with a practical, commercial and cost-effective approach. We deliver solutions but also advise on appeals, examinations into local plans and litigation.
We guide our clients through the complexities of both small works and major development projects, across all markets, and help them to achieve their desired outcomes.
We advise on issues, which sit alongside the planning process, integral to development proposals such as infrastructure agreements, highways and compulsory purchase. Our advocates collaborate closely with our conveyancing team on housing projects and property development.
Planning | What we do
Our planning law expertise includes the following:
- Consenting strategy
- Planning applications
- Negotiating and drafting planning obligations for landowners, developers, local authorities and funders
- Planning appeals, including advocacy at public inquiries and hearings
- Interpretation of planning permissions and conditions, and advice on safeguarding planning consents
- Enforcement issues and certificates of lawful use
- Site assembly including compulsory purchase, acquisition/extinguishment of rights and advice on compensation
- Judicial review and statutory appeals to the Courts in respect of planning and compulsory purchase matters
- Major infrastructure applications
- Highways and public rights of way, including creation, diversion and extinguishment
- Advice on heritage issues, including listed buildings
- Advice on local authority issues, such as powers, procedures and policies
In order for us to be able to provide well-informed legal advice and navigate potential legal challenges we remain vigilant in being kept informed and up to date on the industry. Whatever the nature of your planning problem we are here to help.