Our highly experienced team have a great understanding of relationship needs and setting out separation agreements
Separation does not always immediately result in divorce.
For those who, after seeking our guidance on the subject, choose to separate and deal with divorce proceedings at a later date, our family team are here to assist in tying up financial agreements and children issues using separation agreements.
There are key differences between a ‘divorce’ and a ‘separation’ which our team is happy to discuss and guide you through. We will explain the key difference and help you make an informed choice about your future path.
Separation Agreements | What we do
We will write, with your help, a separation agreement to best fit your particular circumstances. For example you may want a separation agreement to include:
- How much each of you contributes to rent/mortgage or household bills until you can vacate, sell or transfer your home.
- How to deal with any mutual debts.
- How to deal with any proceeds from the sale of a property, after paying off any outstanding mortgage balance or sale costs. How to deal with any pensions, joint bank accounts or credit cards.
- What will happen to items you’ve bought together, such as cars and furniture.
- What will happen to the family pets.
- Maintenance agreed to support one person and/or any children.
- Who the children will live with and when they will see the other parent.