It is vitally important to you that your personal information is kept safe and confidential. It is equally important that when you communicate information to us, that we acknowledge with you that such communication is secure.
We use a number of different cookies on our site.
In order to provide the Services available through our Website, we will hold certain personal information about you and we have obligations to you in relation to that data, in accordance with the Isle of Man Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What kind of information do we gather about you?
The only data that we may collect from you via this Website is the following data about you, and through social media or through the use of the Services including but not limited to your name, address, email address, telephone number or financial information, in the following circumstances:
- Only information which is relevant to your enquiry.
- Sufficient information to be able to deal with your enquiry without asking unnecessary or unreasonable questions.
- Support – when you request support, services or information about the Services or our Website.
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties.
- Correspondence – when you contact us.
How do we use that information?
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 2018 and EU Data Protection Reguation (GDPR).
- We use the information you supply to provide you with the service which you have requested.
- If you allow us to, we may also use the information you supply to provide you with information about other services or products which may be of interest to you.
- Carry out our contracts with you.
- Tell you our charges.
- Tell you about other goods and services that might interest you.
We may keep a record of those links which are used the most to enable us to provide the most helpful information but we agree to keep such information confidential and you will not be identified from this information.
Where we store your data
We only keep your data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it.
Data that you provide to us is stored on our secure servers, and the details of any transactions you entered into via our Website will be encrypted to ensure their safety.
Not withstanding the security measures that we take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting data to us via the internet.
Your ability to view & correct the information
- We will, at your request and subject to proof of identity, provide you with details of all personal information held about you under our control. Such information may be corrected, added to or deleted to ensure that it is accurate, up-to-date and complete.
Website security & security of transmitting information
- We have security procedures in place for the administration of the website which prevent unauthorised access to the website processes and records.
- Ordinary emails passing between both parties are not secure.
Breach of security
- If you suspect that your data has reached an unauthorised person through us, we ask that you provide us with a statement of how any actual or suspected security breach has come to your notice and the nature of that breach.
- We will investigate and take action as necessary to remedy any breach of security.
- We retain records in electronic form and maintain adequate backup procedures in the event of data corruption or destruction.
- After records are no longer required to be kept they are deleted.
You can ask us not to use your data for marketing. You can do this by contacting us at any time in writing or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the following rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
There is no charge under the GDPR to access your personal data. However, if we believe that your request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive we may charge a reasonable fee for our internal administration of your enquiry, or alternatively we may refuse to carry out your request.
In order for us to confirm your identity we may need to ask for further information from you so as to ensure that your personal data is truly yours and is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. This request for further information from you may also be used to expedite our response to your enquiry.
We endeavour to come back to you on all reasonable requests within one month. However, under some circumstances it may take us longer especially if your enquiry is more involved than originally anticipated or you have made a series of requests. Should this happen we will inform you of the current situation and ensure you are kept informed of our progress.
Third Party Links
MannBenham Advocates Limited
49 Victoria Street
Isle of Man
Please ensure that your enquiry is clear, particularly if it is a request for information about the data we hold about you.